Direct and Indirect Speech - Multiple Choice Questions/Quiz or Test

Choose the most suitable answer that identifies the direct or indirect speech in the sentence.

Q 1. Shopkeeper, “Are you looking for designer clothes?”

a) The shopkeeper told if I am looking for designer clothes.
b) The shopkeeper asked if I was looking for designer clothes.
c) The shopkeeper said if I was looking for designer clothes.

Answer- The shopkeeper asked if I was looking for designer clothes.

Q 2. Merry said, “I may need some money.”

a) Merry said that she needs some money.
b) Merry told that she may need some money.
c) Merry said that she might need some money.

Answer c- Merry said that she might need some money.

Q 3. Sherry, “I play tennis every day.”

a) Sherry said she played tennis every day.
b) Sherry told that she play tennis every day.
c) Sherry said that she play tennis every day.

Answer a- Sherry said she played tennis every day.

Q 4. The teacher said to students, “Do not make a noise.”

a) The teacher told them not to make a noise.
b) The teacher asked them not to make a noise.
c) The teacher told them that do not make a noise.

Answer b- The teacher asked them not to make a noise.

Q 5. Tom, “Will you come to my bachelor party on Sunday?”

a) Tom told me that if I will come to his bachelor party on Sunday.
b) Tom asked me whether I will come to his bachelor party on Sunday.
c) Tom asked me if I would come to his bachelor party on Sunday.

Answer c - Tom asked me if I would come to his bachelor party on Sunday.

Q 6. The boss ordered the Erik to complete his work on time.

a) The boss ordered, Erik, complete your work on time.
b) The boss ordered, “Erik, complete your work on time!”
c) The boss ordered, Erik complete your work on time!

Answer b- The boss ordered, “Erik, complete your work on time!”

Q 7. The driver said he was going to turn left at the traffic signal.

a) The driver, “I am going to turn left at the traffic signal.”
b) The driver, I will turn left at the traffic signal.
c) The driver, “I would turn left at the traffic signal.”

Answer a- The driver, “I am going to turn left at the traffic signal.”

Q 8. I said that I should certainly take care of all events.

a) I said, “I must certainly take care of all events.”
b) I said, “I shall certainly take care of all events.”
c) I said, “I should certainly take care of all events.”

Answer b- I said, “I shall certainly take care of all events.”

Q 9. I suggested to my husband that we should go to some hill station.

a) I said to my husband, “if we would go to some hill station.”
b) I said to my husband, “we should plan to go to some hill station.”
c) I said to my husband “Let us go to some hill station.”

Answer c - I said to my husband “Let us go to some hill station.”

Q 10. Sharon asked Samantha if she would help her in her work.

a) Sharon said to Samantha, “Will you help me in my work?”
b) Sharon said to Samantha, “Are you going to help me in my work?”
c) Sharon said to Samantha, “Would you help me in my work”?

Answer a - Sharon said to Samantha, “Will you help me in my work?”

No comments :

Post a Comment

English Grammar