Idioms – Multiple Choice Questions or Quiz or Test

Choose the most suitable answer that identifies the idioms in the sentence.

Q 1. Tom lost his house in the earthquake and he built a new house from scratch.

a) From the beginning
b) From where the house was destroyed
c) From some old stuffs

Answer - A

Q 2. Jenny’s harsh words only added fuel to the fire.

a) Making situation under control
b) Making the situation worse
c) Making things complicated

Answer - B

Q 3. My brother threw a wet blanket on my plans to start a new website.

a) Threw a wet blanket at the computer
b) Threw a wet blanket at me
c) Discouraged me

Answer - C

Q 4. When pigs fly I will be the most powerful man in the earth.

a) Something will never happen
b) A dream is coming true
c) A funny incident

Answer – A

Q 5. When I walked to music class in the evening, it was raining cats and dogs.

a) Cats and dogs are getting wet in the rain
b) It was raining heavily
c) Animal are moving from here and there

Answer - B

Q 6. The journalist hit the nail on the head through his powerful statement.

a) To say something correct and true
b) To make false comments
c) To praise someone

Answer - A

Q 7. My teacher wants me to learn the formulas by heart.

a) By writing them on heart shaped paper
b) Memorize them
c) By learning in a calm and quiet place

Answer - B

Q 8. My girlfriend does not care about me. She is looking out for number one.

a) Looking for something special
b) Looking for her own interest
c) Looking for numerous things

Answer - B

Q 9. My friend shouted ‘Break a leg’ when I entered on the stage.

a) Break the stage
b) Break my own leg
c) Wished me good luck

Answer - C

Q 10. Nora was participating in the play, but she got cold feet.

a) She was ill
b) She was afraid
c) She had a cold feet

Answer - B

Related Topics - Idioms definition and examples

1 comment :

English Grammar